Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Azam Anwar
Dr. Azam Anwar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in Dallas, TX. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Cardiology. Dr. Anwar is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, Methodist Richardson Medical Center and Baylor University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Azam Anwar has the following 1 specialty
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Dr. Azam Anwar has the following 20 expertise
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Azam Anwar has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Azam Anwar is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
Dr. Anwar was introduced to my family 20 years ago when my dad had his first heart attack. With numerous routine visits yearly, we kept a good contact with him over the years. 8 years ago, my dad was back, this time to have bypass. With Dr. Anwar, we didn't "REALLY" worry. He knew how important my dad is to my sisters and I, as he is our only living parent. Dr. Anwar is by far the BEST! My dad said that he truly is his hero. And he is my sisters and mine too!!
Dr. Anwar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
Methodist Richardson Medical Center
Baylor University Medical Center
Navarro Regional Hospital
North Central Medical Center
Baylor Heart And Vascular Center
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake
University Hospital - St Paul
30 Years Experience
University of Missouri at Kansas City
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Azam Anwar, MD - Interventional Cardiology in Dallas, TX, in this video.
Dr. Azam Anwar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.