Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Azhar Zahir has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Azhar Zahir has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Azhar Zahir has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
ANA (M.A) Answered the phone with " What!!" and when I asked for her name she placed me on hold for 23 mins. Then came back & I asked for office manager ANA transferred me to another M.A. LAURIE who SCREAMED & WENT PSYCHO on me when I complained about ANA rudeness & being on hold for 23 mins without saying what I needed. I then spoke to SALLY (OFFICE MANAGER), unprofessional, talking over me and rude. After she gave me attitude about my complaint I then explained what I needed. She said that Dr.Zahir is out of the country in Pakistan and to speak to the P.A. I said no, I needed Dr. Zahir signature and she said they don't have a working fax machine and she never called me back. After 2 weeks of fighting for my paper work they said he is now in Houston & do not know when he will be in clinic. The Dr. is a great person the staff are HOOD RATS!! Ugly spirited, angry, bitter cholas, that won't help you. Poor Physician he needs to clean house anyone who hires these people must be related or friends who owe somebody a favor.These witches give hispanic women a bad name, they have no professionalism, uneducated, no sympathy, since Dr. Zahir out of town they acted like it was a Juarez fight club. Soul less creatures.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
King Edward Medical University
Graduated in 1986
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Azhar Zahir accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthwest Healthcare Associates, 3865 E Lohman Ave, Las Cruces, NM
Dr. Azhar Zahir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Cruces, NM.