Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Azim G Shekarchi
Dr. Azim G Shekarchi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Shekarchi is affiliated with University Medical Center Brackenridge, St Davids Medical Center and Seton Shoal Creek Hospital. Dr. Shekarchi has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Azim G Shekarchi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
He has been my doctor for over ten years. He was very patient and clearly explains my symptoms, causes and treatment. I am geek and I always do my research, he is way too smart too, he gives me more information when I visit. I am really surprised a doctor who keeps on the current medical trends, diagnosis of symptoms and very caring towards his patient. His nurses are equally smart, they always promptly give back a call and explain the test results. They also provide very good advice on diet and what the doctor recommended on exercises... Etc. The best thing I like about him, is that he really cares for his patient.
Dr. Shekarchi is a great doctor. He really, really LISTENS to you. He doesn't rush you in and out or make you feel like a number. He is very kind and honest. He will have his nurse call you back. He will squeeze you in. He will process refill requests in a timely fashion. Overall, an excellent physician.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Shekarchi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Azim G Shekarchi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAustin Regional Clinic, 3828 S 1st St, Austin, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Azim G Shekarchi in this video.
Dr. Azim G Shekarchi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.