Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Azra Hashmi has the following 2 specialties
- Public Health
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
doctor was in too much of a hurry- waited over an hour to see her and she spent less than a minute with my child. i had taken my daughter for a sore throat and recd. a bill for a yearly check up from the insurance company. The staff was rude and unfriendly and not well trained. They almost administered the wrong shot to my daughter if i had not caught it in time. The office was dirty. Staff were eating at the front desk and laughing and joking with patients waiting. i don't want to go back here ever again.
MY girls have been going to this doctor since birth my oldest is 9 and this doctor still treats us as if we are new patient as if she has never seen us a day in her life. I finally have gotten fed up with this treatment and Im taken my girls else where. She makes us wait after being the first ppl their she will take ppl from her own culture in as if we are nobodys which I think is rude. Even my 9 year old has notice this. She will see us out in public and will not even speak to us. But you will bill our insurance company and take our money.. I never wanted to change my girls because I wanted them to be with someone who they would grow with and be comfortable. But they dont even feel that way with her and they should it been 9 years and4 and 3 years. They should almost feel like family. Today we had a visit and we were first to arrive at the office the staff made us wait so that someone from her race could go in before us this is like the fourth time this has happened so we left.
I can't begin to say enough about Dr. Hashmi. She has been my son's pediatrician since birth and she's wonderful. She is very professional, compassionate, thorough and knowledgeable. She also has a very clean office as I smell bleach at each visit. As stated by another poster she is even available by cell phone for emergencies. I love love love her and would highly recommend her.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2016, 2014, 2015, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Azra Hashmi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Azra Hashmi in this video.
Dr. Azra Hashmi is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.