- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Babak Vakili has the following 3 SPECIALTIES
Babak Vakili has the following 49 expertise
- 24-Hour Holter Monitoring
- 3D Ultrasound
- 64 Slice Cardiac CCTA
- AAA Screening
- Advanced Lipid and INR Monitoring
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- Angioplasty With Stent Placement
- Ankle Brachial Index
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Calcium Score
- Cardiac Angiography
- Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Event Monitor
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
- Cardiac PET Scan
- Cardiovascular Intervention
- Cardiovascular Stress Test
- Cardioversion, Elective
- Carotid Duplex Imaging
- Chest Ct (incl. Heart And Lungs)
- Computed Tomography Angiography (CTA)
- Coronary Angiography and Intervention
- Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy And Stent
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Coronary Stenting
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- Electrocardiogram (ekg)
- Endovenous Ablation
- Implantable Loop Recorder
- Inferior Vena Cava Filter
- Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
- IVC Filters, DVT Treatments
- Metabolic Testing
- Non-coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, And Stenting
- Nuclear Stress Testing
- Pacer and Defibrillator Integrogation
- Peripheral Angiograms
- Peripheral Artery Catheterization
- Peripheral Vascular Angiography and Intervention
- Peripheral Vascular Stenting
- Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
- Renal Artery Angioplasty and Stenting
- Renal Artery Ultrasound
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
Graduated in 1995
Babak Vakili Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Babak Vakili
B. Alex Vakili, M.D., is an interventional cardiologist and endovascular specialist certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, with subspecialty certification in interventional cardiology and cardiovascular disease. He is also certified by the American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine as well as American Board of Vascular Medicine and specializes in treating patients with vein and vein related conditions.Dr. Vakili has been practicing in Orlando for over 15 years and has served as Chief of Cardiology at South Seminole hospital for over ten years.Graduating from IV League Institutions in New York, including The New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center, Dr. Vakili has accumulated a vast array of experience and knowledge over the past 15 years, practicing cardiology as well as vein and vascular medicine in the Orlando area.Starting his own private practice, that knowledge and experience is now available to you for your healthcare needs.Dr. Vakilis practice provides coverage at Florida Hospital Altamonte and Florida Hospital South, Orlando Regional Medical Center Downtown and the South Seminole Hospital as well as the Florida Hospital Lake Mary Emergency Room.Dr. Vakili is a board certified interventional cardiologist with additional board certifications in vascular medicine and the treatment of vein and lymphatic diseases.Most vein related procedures including sclerotherapy and ablaton therapies are performed in our offices vein suite.