The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Babar K Rao has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Nevus (Hereditary Skin Malformation)
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Hair Removal
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Pigmented Nevus
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Spent 2 minutes with me. I called three weeks ago to say my skin condition is reappearing, I was told Dr. Rao was on vacation, is he still on vacation? Still waiting for a return call!!! Also, gave me phototherapy without clearing with my insurance, DON'T SEND ME A BILL!!!!
He did not spend any time with me. He did not thoroughly review my history or current situation. When asked a question, he referred me to his physicians assistant and said she would answer my question. Horrible and waste of time. My prescriptions were confusing; she stated one would be for the morning and the other for the evening. They was both send to the Pharmacist as morning medications. The Pharmacist sated the Doctor must have made a mistake. Called but have not received a call back yet.
Easy to schedule appointment, staff was very friendly. Doctor addressed all of my issues and even froze some spots for me that I was concerned about. I don't like being cut on and the doctor explained another type of microscopic picture I can do in the office to diagnose concerning spots. I went ahead with the picture and it was great! No needles, no cutting, and the spot turned out to be benign. Overall, great experience.
35 Years Experience
Rawalpindi Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Babar K Rao accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Babar K Rao in this video.
Dr. Babar K Rao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerset, NJ.