Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Bahige Asaker has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bahige Asaker has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Showing 5 of 22
Does not listen to anybody who might have valuable input for his patient. He does not listen at all and does his own thing. He feels he is the doctor and has all the answers. He does not look at his patients charts thoroughly . He has had my mom on simvastatin for cholesterol for years .. She can barely walk now, I had to fight to get him to change her cholesterol. He is a QUACK. I am 65 years old and know enough to know that he is totally mismanaging him.Unfortunately my mom , a VERY VERY young 90 is slowly getting bedridden because of her legs. Under his care she was in A-Fib and knew nothing of it until I insisted that she see a heart specialist who put her in the hospital immediatedly. Then weeks later she had to go back in the hospital for a BLOOD transfusion and three bags of Does not listen to anybody who might have valuable input for his patient. He does not listen at all and does his own thing. He feels he is the doctor and has all the answers. He does not look at his patients charts thoroughly . He has had my mom on simvastatin for cholesterol for years .. She can barely walk now, I had to fight to get him to change her cholesterol. He is a QUACK. I am 65 years old and know enough to know that he is totally mismanaging her.
I have seen him 5 times and that is enough for me. While he seems to be pleasant enough at first he doesnt like too many questions about side effects of medication especially if you have them. Not too knowledgeable about medications (thought hydrocodone 7.5 was percocet). Far too concerned about time. I clocked him for one appointment at 4 minutes, not kiddingI timed it. Has never taken my blood pressure even after I told him my Rheumatologist put me on high BP meds. I also have vitamin B-12 deficiency and he ignored that. On one appointment I asked about seeing a pain specialist and he told me he knew of no one in the area. 2 months later I asked him again after a referral from my Rheumatologist and he gave me the names of 3 in the area. Seems to be afraid to deal with chronic pain patients in general. I have RA & Fibromyalgia & he said Pain Specialists or pain meds will not help you. I almost cried. Office staff is the WORST.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Asaker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Bahige Asaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsASAKER MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, 1020 Pleasant St, Brockton, MA
Dr. Bahige Asaker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brockton, MA.