Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bakul Patel has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Bakul Patel has the following 16 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Back Pain
- Migraine Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Diabetic Neuropathies
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Anxiety Disorders
- Headache Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Bakul Patel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Went to get help for addiction. Was ready to do the work to get better. As the office got bigger things changed. Office staff was horrible and Dr Patel just wanted to be paid for a prescription. It seemed like the office staff almost made it a game to come up with a reason to not call back, or not to let the patients back to see the Dr. Medication he prescribes is addictive itself so I had to accept their treatment of me month after month. Was told by the Dr if I didn't like it there were 10 patients who would take my place. That is after I had already paid him thousands of dollars and was now addicted to the Suboxone. Am now at a compassionate place that is helping me wean off all medications. Dr Patel and his office staff look down on the people they are their to help. AVOID THIS DOCTOR!
This doctor is VERY compassionate. he takes time with me and he figured out what was wrong with me unlike any other doctor. He believed me when I told him about how much pain I was in, unlike any other doctor. Ive seen reviews saying crap about how long the wait time is because he probably is dealing with pharma reps. I havnt once seen a pharma rep there and that insinuation is insulting as far as I'm concerned, The wait time is probably because he is a good freakin doctor.
Not bad as a person, but like many DRs today, enticed by what BIG PHARMA offers and $. I saw him years ago, and he was very compassionate and honored the Hippocratic Oath. Over the years he has given in to corporate greed. I guess they are all like that. Great, friendly staff. Some days wait times are longer (1 hr+) because of either over booking or most likely pharma reps coming in.
University Of North Carolina Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBakul Patel Md, 3500 Depauw Blvd Ste 2082, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Bakul Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.