Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bala K Nandigam
Dr. Bala K Nandigam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Charlotte, FL. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nandigam is affiliated with Bayfront Health Port Charlotte and Charlotte Regional Medical Center. Dr. Nandigam has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bala K Nandigam has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bala K Nandigam has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Bala K Nandigam is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I have had Dr Bala as my cardiologist for 3 years.. He doesn't do unnecessary procedures or subscribe medication that you don't need. He has a dry sense of humor and is very direct. Tell you exactly as it is.
Dr. Nandigam is the most caring doctor I have ever met. He is intelligent and smart, He explains medical terms so it is better to understand.. He listens to you and helps you achieve your health goals. I was so blessed to find him as an cardiologist and electro-physiologist combined. He changed out my defibrillator. His staff is out standing, helpful and prompt. Very good experience. He has a great sense of humor too. He's the best!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Nandigam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Vincent Hospital
Dr. Bala K Nandigam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHarbor Cardiology Vascular Center, 2400 Harbor Blvd Ste 12, Port Charlotte, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bala K Nandigam in this video.
Dr. Bala K Nandigam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Charlotte, FL.