Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Balasubramanyam M Krishniah has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 25
As a retired medical office manager, I look for certain attributes in a doctor, his staff and in the office itself. In a doctor I look for someone who is knowledgeable, spends needed time with their patients and who doesn't forget that humans have feelings and emotions. His staff doesn't have to be all warm and fuzzy, Accuracy and reliability is more my thing. And an office has to be equipped with advanced technology and very clean. I have found what I want and need in Dr K, his staff and in their office. It is great to know that when I need medical care I have found the right place to go.
I have been a patient of Dr. Krishniah for approximately 10 years. I have found him to be the best informed physician that I have had in quite a while. Before he prescribe any treatment or medication, he verifies his findings with the appropriate test or exam to assure your treatment is not a shot in the dark. I read many reviews are hung up on the office policies. Every organization must have their policies to run a smooth business. I have found the staff to be pleasant, informative and efficient. Nurse Jeff, has been just great during my visits. Dr Krishniah keeps up with my history and compares my progress each visit. He is proficient, knowledgeable, with great bedside manners. He doesn't sacrifice your health by avoiding a confirming test. I will gladly pay the test fee to be assured that I have the correct diagnosis. Overall, I am satisfied with the service and will highly recommend him to others that wants a great physician.
I left my last doctor, whom I liked a lot, because I could never get in to see him. I had raging poison ivy three times and REALLY needed help but I could not get. I have been seeing Dr. K for a year now - I ALWAYS get in quickly, many times the very next day. He is knowledgeable and competent. The front desk crew is great - professional and polite. I HIGHLY recommend this practice.
While Dr.K is a fine physician your staff is a reflection of you. Usually lower end nurses are paid less. Doctors trying to save money. Ever notice Chick Filet, Publix & Quik Trip employees are a cut above. That's what Dr K is missing. Nurses who care about people. Not just looking for a paycheck. It takes so little effort and a few extra words to make a patient feel cared for. I guess that's hard for this staff to understand
Dr. Krishniah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Balasubramanyam M Krishniah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBalasubramanyam Krishniah Md, 300 W Butler Rd, Mauldin, SC
Dr. Balasubramanyam M Krishniah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mauldin, SC.