Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Baljeet Khurana
Dr. Baljeet Khurana, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Ana, CA. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Khurana is affiliated with Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center, John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus and St. Joseph Hospital - Orange. She speaks English.
Dr. Baljeet Khurana has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Baljeet Khurana has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Baljeet Khurana has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
I went through my insurance to find a psychiatrist for a family member. They recomended Dr. Khurana and assured me that she took my insurance (HealthNet MHN), so we called for an appointment and were told they don't take my insurance. Got HeatlhNet MHN to do three-way call with them to clear it up, and they scheduled an appointment for the Dr. Khurana whoi is a PSYCHIATRIST about a week out. Showed up for the appointment only to find that the WRONG DR. KHURANA was in the office, not the PSYCHIATRIST, and his wife was the one we needed to see. Then rather than rescheduling the appointment for when the right Dr. Khurana was available, for unknown reasons we were told we had to call her directly, and were given her number. After TWO WEEKS we finally got a voicemail back from the right Dr. Khurana, who once again told us she DOES NOT TAKE OUR INSURANCE, and is not seeing new patients. But if that wasn't bad enough, she said she would be willing to see us if we pay CASH!!. I have insurance, why would I pay cash?? This has caused needless frustrations and delays in getting care for my family member. This is inexcusable behavior for a doctor.
Dr. Khurana is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
St. Joseph Hospital - Orange
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
Anaheim Regional Med Center
39 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Baljeet Khurana accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsBaljeet Khurana MD, 2220 E Fruit St, Santa Ana, CA
Dr. Baljeet Khurana is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Ana, CA.