Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Balu Chandra
Dr. Balu Chandra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Richland Hills, TX, with another office in North Richland Hills, TX. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chandra is affiliated with Medical City North Hills. He speaks English.
Dr. Balu Chandra has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Chronic Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 19
I have been a patient of Dr. Chandras for over 10 years. He goes above and beyond to help his patients. He is brutally honest and will not sugar coat what YOU as a patient need to do. I appreciate this and I ALWAYS know what is going on with my health. Other doctors have a don't tell philosophy.Yes, you will have to wait a while on a regular checkup visit. This is due to Dr Chandra allowing time to see urgent patients the next day. You need to ask yourself, do I want a doctor who will ALWAYS make time to see me when urgency happens? Or, do I just want to wait 2 months to see another specialist? If you have to wait, be patient and remember he is saving lives. I am one of those!
The second time this has happened....I took my 90 year old mother for her appointment and we waited 2 hours to be received by the nurse. During that time two other patients gave up and left. Not one word of apology from the staff. After being taken to the doctor's exam. room, we waited only 20 minutes more. After Dr. Chandra, who was very nice left, the girl (Kristina) at the desk was not helpful. She never looked up from her computer to acknowledge us. It seems that everywhere we go, people are so nice at the doctors offices, so I guess we've been spoiled. My mother was exhausted by the time we left, 3 hours later. We didn't complain there, but I felt we should let others know about our second experience.
Dr. Chandra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Bangalore Medical College
Graduated in 1987
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Balu Chandra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Balu Chandra in this video.
Dr. Balu Chandra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Richland Hills, TX.