Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bangaruraju M Kolanuvada
Dr. Bangaruraju M Kolanuvada, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Yonkers, NY. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Kolanuvada is affiliated with Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. Dr. Kolanuvada has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Bangaruraju M Kolanuvada has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Kolanuvada's understanding of physiology is appalling. After misdiagnosing me due to his seriously limited understanding of CRPS, I explained to him how and why I had already been diagnosed with CRPS...he listened carefully, realized that he had made a gross error, and responded with a smile, "...of course, that is simply another way of looking at it..." UNBELIEVABLE. During my second visit, which was also my last, he had forgotten that I had already been correctly diagnosed by competant physicians, and he attempted to incorrectly diagnose my symptoms once again, as though we had never met, demonstrating that he had learned nothing from our previous meeting. As far as his demeanor, Dr. Kolanuvada has a pleasant manner, but his medical acumen is seriously lacking; unfortunately, the most apt description of my assessment of this man is "a smiling imbecile."
MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE BY GOING TO HIM! Notice how I wrote in all CAPS! Wait time is 3-4 hours normal, Nurses are SUPER RUDE, Front DESK tells you one thing, others will tell you another! The doctor doesnt even come and check on his patiend, send his little students (Different ones everytime), so basically you end up repeating the same thing over and over again. They should all be fired, and be miserable!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Kolanuvada is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Government Medical College Mysore
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Bangaruraju M Kolanuvada accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHeera S Shetty Md, 970 N Broadway Ste 206, Yonkers, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bangaruraju M Kolanuvada in this video.
Dr. Bangaruraju M Kolanuvada is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yonkers, NY.