Dr. Banks W Turner Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Banks W Turner?

A doctor is only as good as his staff

I just moved to this area and was looking for a new PCP. Being in the medical field myself I generally go by word of mouth to find my doctors and don't trust my care to just anyone. I had heard nothing but wonderful things about Dr. Turner as a physician and was excited that I might have finally found someone great. I tried to make an appointment on a Friday and was transferred to his nurses voice mail, I'm not sure if she's the one that's supposed to be doing the scheduling as well but I left a message. After a scary weekend that almost landed me in the ER because of my blood pressure I decided to be proactive and call again Monday morning, since I still hadn't heard anything. Again I was transferred to his nurses voice mail but this time in my message I made sure to state that it was really important as I'd been having some issues with my blood pressure that needed to be addressed as soon as possible. It's now been several days and I still have yet to hear anything from this office. So while I'm sure Dr. Turner is wonderful, his staff however, needs some serious improvement. I guess they didn't want my business. Definitely was NOT a very good first impression and honestly scares the life out of me for his patients. I need a physician that I'm able to get a hold of when things go wrong, that has a staff that will return phone calls, and that will at the very least let you schedule an appointment.

Best Dr. I have ever had

Dr. Banks is an excellent physician. He always listens carefully to what I have to say. His nurse Bobbi is the best as well.

My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Banks Turner for many years. We have found him to be a caring professional who offers sound advice.

excellent DOCTOR ...DOCTOR TURNER LESSON WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.....AND SEND YOU AT THE WRIGHT PLACE,,,WONDERFUL STAFF....

All he ever did was refer me to someone else. Not sure if he knew anything himself.

Glad to have changed MDs

I was a patient of Dr Turners for about 10 years. I saw him mostly for yearly physicals and occasional minor illnesses. Everytime I saw him I left wanting to find a new internist, but I never did until I moved because I am healthy and didn't depend on him for special care. I have given him mostly moderate ratings for the following reasons. He always seemed impatient with more than a few questions. He gave me my yearly physical with me completely dressed, which seemed weird and wrong. Sometimes he made condescending remarks or talked down to me. It never was any huge deal, I just always felt that he didn't really want me as a patient. Also, his facility seemed out of date and funky. I am happy to have found an internist that has a different attitude and more up to date facility.

Dr. Banks W Turner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.