Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara-Jean L Ottley has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Barbara-Jean L Ottley has the following 8 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Barbara-Jean L Ottley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Ottley mocked everything from my handwriting to previous neurologists' medications. She would scoff and make comments like "we only give that to children" - she ended up triggering a panic attack and when I asked for 5 minutes to collect myself, she went up to the front desk, and told the staff if I couldn't "Get it together" she would move on to the next patient because she "had better things to do." She was condescending and rude. I have had chronic migraine for 30 years - I'm sorry I can't remember the dosage of the meds I took 30 years ago.
Dr. Ottley is very competent and worth seeing for the benefit she will bring to you. However, don't be surprised to leave thinking that it is really more about her than it is about you. If you have the slightest insecurity issue, it is likely that you will not be able to communicate with this womany at all. She will be so aggressive, intimidating, and in your face that she'll basically scare you to death. So go in there prepared for battle, and good luck!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Barbara-Jean L Ottley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsOttley Neurology Center, 1212B E 27th St Ste 1, Hays, KS
Dr. Barbara-Jean L Ottley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hays, KS.