- Christiana Hospital
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara J Albani has 2 locations
Dr. Barbara J Albani has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Barbara J Albani has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
- Migraine Disorders
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Barbara J Albani Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Barbara J Albani
After receiving bachelor's degrees in biology and psychology with a minor in neurobiology at Holy Cross, Barbara Albani completed a year's postgraduate research in physics/radiology at the University of Pennsylvania. She finished her medical training at Georgetown University School of Medicine in 1997 before completing residencies in neurology and radiology at the Cleveland Clinic, remaining there for a fellowship in neurointerventional surgery and diagnostic neuroradiology. She joined Christiana Care in 2007 and started the Department of Neurointerventional Surgery, which has blossomed to include additional interventionalists and nurse practitioners. She now serves as the department's director. Dr. Albani holds current licensure in Delaware and board certification in neurology, radiology and neuroradiology. Her practice focuses on aneurysms, strokes and other vascular abnormalities of the head, neck and spine, in both elective and emergency situations. She is an active member of multiple medical societies, and she has given several presentations and written scholarly articles.