Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Barbara L Allen has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Barbara L Allen has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Barbara L Allen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 19
After waiting over 90 minutes for to see the doctor I left AND will not be bringing my children back to the Rainbow. This is not the first time that it has happened. I had a 9:00am appointment waited until 11:30am???!!! The waiting room was a mess and dirty. Bathroom had not toilet paper and there was no communication as to when I was going to see the doctor. The front help did not even stop me when I walked out the door. Really? This practice has gone down and Dr. Allen needs to get her office managed and trained properly. I would never recommend a parent to Rainbow.
Very Unprofessional Staff.. No Manners. Most of the Staff is stuck up and rude. They do not make you feel welcome and all they do is gossip about people. Which as a professional buisiness they should NOT be doing. Jackie is nasty. They dont have any considerations for their patients. Once they get you in the room they never check on you to make sure your okay or how your doing, Then you have to sit their for an HOUR to see anyone while your childs in PAIN! Now as for Dr. Allen herself, She's not so bad as a doctor. She is okay. Its not really her that I have the most problem with .. Its her Office in General. I wouldnt refer this Dr's Office to anyone. Sorry.. I just wouldnt. They need to get some REAL PROFESSIONAL people in their thats CARING, UNDERSTANDING AND That makes you feel comfortable.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Barbara L Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRAINBOW PEDIATRICS, 71 Strawberry Hill Ave Ste 114, Stamford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara L Allen, MD - Pediatrics in Stamford, CT, in this video.
Dr. Barbara L Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stamford, CT.