Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Barbara J Arnold has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Barbara J Arnold has the following 11 expertise
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retina Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Macular Degeneration
Dr. Barbara J Arnold has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Barbara J Arnold is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I was visiting my parents and saw that my dad really need to see an ophthalmologist for his cataracts. The staff was very understanding of his special circumstances and cordial. Dr. Arnold did a thorough exam and explained his prognosis in a clear and concise manner. She even let me look through her special instruments. She clearly likes to teach and I thought it was refreshing that she took the time to explain my dad's special circumstances. She seems genuinely concerned when she said should could not treat one eye but gave hope that the other could be corrected. I'm not sure if we will be able to have her perform the surgery as I have decided to move him to Austin but if it were possible, I would definitely have her perform the surgery
I have seen Dr. Arnold for about 3 years now, about 6 appointments. I do not think she has been on time once! I was kept waiting about 3 hours before I saw her. I think she is very competent and caring, but has complete disregard for my time. Very frustrating! Nor does she seem to care about fixing the problem of being on time. Very sad for she seems to be a very caring and competent Doctor, but her staff and the logistics of running her office seem to be beyond her.
I was a new patient. I would never ever recommend this doctor to anybody!! I'm currently waiting for the doctor. My appointment was scheduled for 9am and its now 11:30 pm and I'm still waiting to see the doctor. I waited for an hr and a half in the waiting room, then waited for another hr in the exam room for the doctor. She is still not here & there's still another patient I'm front of me. I have never ever waited this long for a doctor. Im not the only person whos been waitinb for this long. The 5 other Patients in front of me also waited for 2 1/2 hrs just to see the doctor! Someone doesn't know how to schedule. This is ridiculous to make any patient wait this long. I will never come back here
I visited this doctor contrary to a few warnings I had been given by other people who knew her. The office staff was friendly, as was her assistant. The doctor's bedside manner was extremely lacking, as was the manner in which I was brushed off to go see another doctor. My questions either went unanswered, or were answered in an abrupt, patronizing fashion. I should've listened to the warnings I was given and made an appointment with someone else.
Dr. Arnold is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Dr. Barbara J Arnold accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBarbara J Arnold Md Inc, 7551 Timberlake Way Ste 100, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Barbara J Arnold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.