Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara L Asselin MD
Dr. Barbara L Asselin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Hematology-Oncology and Pediatrics. Dr. Asselin is affiliated with Rochester General Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Barbara L Asselin has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Barbara L Asselin has the following 9 expertise
- Clinical Research
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
Dr. Barbara L Asselin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Asselin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1981
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Barbara L Asselin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
More about Dr. Barbara L Asselin
Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hosptical Medicine, Golisano Children's Hospital, Rochester, New York. Professor in Oncology, James P. Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York. Principal Investigator, University of Rochester Program in Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Leukemia Consortium.
Locations & DirectionsGOLISANO CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara L Asselin, MD - Pediatric Hematology-Oncology in Rochester, NY, in this video.
Dr. Barbara L Asselin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rochester, NY.