Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara A Baker
Dr. Barbara A Baker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tulsa, OK, with another office in Tulsa, OK. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Baker is affiliated with Hillcrest Hospital - South. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara A Baker has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Pregnancy Complications
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Lipid Disorders
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Baker, is very thorough. Very nice. She's organized. She's working with me on thyroid issues. I waited months for the first appt. I believe in going into any doctors appts with notes. And taking notes. That way time isn't wasted trying to remember what to ask. I've had doctors tell me they appreciate that.
Dr. Baker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Barbara A Baker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barbara A Baker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.