Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara Bethea has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have been a patient of Dr. Bethea's for approx 17 years. She is very professional and knowledgeable. I like the fact that she doesn't always jump to ordering a lot of expensive tests before she looks at the basics of an ailment. The only thing that worries me is that we are the same age and will probably be retiring at the same time. Then I'll have to find a young whippersnapper to see me through my geriatric years.
Dr. Bethea is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Betsy Johnson Memorial Hospital
Betsy Johnson Mem Hosp, Dunn, Nc
31 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Dr. Barbara Bethea accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions700 Tilghman Dr, Dunn, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara Bethea in this video.
Dr. Barbara Bethea is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dunn, NC.