Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara C Biggs has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
Sure miss the best internist in the County. Have tried their fill in Dr. Klein nice guy but obviously not with the Program yet. I had to tell him what allergies I had since my records have been in cyberspace since Dr. Biggs left. Office staff is very unprofessional. If I need an appointment I go over to the Office. It is no use calling. I am going to try their new doctor but do not feel hopeful at all.
Thank you Dr. Biggs for being a outstanding, wonderful and experienced Internist in Marietta for over 26 years! You will be dearly missed as your staff for being one the most caring offices in the area! My family and I wish you all the best in the future and will continue to pray for nothing but success and and good things for you and your family. We will miss you!
Can anyone please tell me where is Dr. Biggs and what happened in her office? As a patient for over 20 yrs, I am very upset that she seems to have left! I did not go to see her office staff so I really don't care how great or hw horrible they were, I went because I have never had a kinder, more caring Dr. In my life. If anyone can give me info I appreciate it.
Honest, experienced, outstanding patient care. Yes, healthcare is changing and more patients are complaining about their bills..because they RESPONSIBLE..not the office. Say hello to 2014 and the new healthcare regulations. Dont pass the buck on to someone else. Laughing at the insults some patients have on here. Dont worry. Dr. Biggs is moving on to brighter horizons. Good Luck finding a "real physician" with the upmost respect and get good health care at the same time. Dr. Biggs is one of the last great physicians who truly loves and takes care of her patients. The staff is wonderful and the office manager is a nurse on top of her great repor and experience with patients. I will miss you Dr. Biggs but your staff will still continue on to be the awesome bunch they are always! My family will miss you! WE LOVE YOU!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Barbara C Biggs accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGlenn Blaise Gatipon Md, 888 Old Mountain Rd NW, Kennesaw, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara C Biggs in this video.
Dr. Barbara C Biggs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kennesaw, GA.