Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara J Browne has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Chronic Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery Recovery
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Browne is an outstanding Physician ! If you are in trouble, you have serious spinal cord injury or need other serious Physical Rehab, There is no one better then Dr. Browne ! Make no mistake, she can be a tough non-nonsense Dr.Sometimes she's even a bit cold or stand offish. . . but that's just how she gets you to succeed beyond most other Doctors expectations! She cares deeply about All Her Patients Drand works very hard for each an every one of them.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
32 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Barbara J Browne accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBarbara J Browne MD, 6 Franklin Plz, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara J Browne in this video.
Dr. Barbara J Browne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.