Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara J Butler
Dr. Barbara J Butler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockville, MD, with another office in Silver Spring, MD. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Butler is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara J Butler has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Barbara J Butler has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Barbara J Butler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Butler himself is empathic and competent. His office staff are neither. First, they failed to bill insurance, leading to a hefty bill, which was promptly paid. Once they finally received the insurance adjustment—they refused to refund the overage. If it weren't for Dr. Butler, this would be a 1-star review. Even so, never returning.
I am an 81 year old woman. I had an appointment on Monday Oct. 31st with Dr. Butler at 10:00am. After I was taken to the examine room, a nurse helped me to half undressed. I waited on the examine table for half an hour. Several times, my son asked for the doctor. Finally, when she came, my back was so sore, I could not be on that position any more. And, I left the office without examine. The wait was SO long, and it would have been classy if the doctor had said "Sorry" "Today is busy"! She said nothing!
Dr. Butler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Barbara J Butler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barbara J Butler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.