Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara M Buttin
Dr. Barbara M Buttin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Warrenville, IL, with another office in Geneva, IL. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Buttin is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital. Dr. Buttin has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara M Buttin has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Neoplasm)
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Buttin and her team are amazing! They made me feel as if I was apart of their family. They put me at ease while I was facing the most difficult time of my life being faced with a cancer diagnosis. Not only is Dr. Buttin compassionate she thoroughly explained all details of my diagnosis and treatment to me and my family. She spent additional time with me everytime I needed it throughout my cancer journey. She also has wonderful nurse practitioners that are available at any time to answer all of my questions! I would highly recommend Dr. Buttin and her team. She is the best doctor that has ever cared for me and her staff is so friendly and efficient. I can not say enough about this doctor and office!!!!
Dr. Buttin is one of the best! Her knowledge along with her bedside skills are excellent. I would recommend her to everyone I know. She is very compassionate and makes you feel you are not another patient. She saved my life!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Buttin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Barbara M Buttin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara M Buttin in this video.
Dr. Barbara M Buttin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warrenville, IL.