Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Barbara Cavanagh has the following 3 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Clinical Psychology
A psychologist is someone who specializes in the study of the mind, as well as human behavior. Psychologists sometimes focus on certain types of people or certain age ranges. Commonly you might find a child psychologist, school psychologist or clinical psychologist to name a few. There are many reasons why someone would see a psychologist including PTSD, issues with self esteem, OCD, alcoholism, ADD and more.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.
These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
Barbara Cavanagh has the following 7 expertise
- Mental Health Issues
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 2 of 2
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPavilion Pediatrics, 10755 Falls Rd, Lutherville Timonium, MD
Barbara Cavanagh is similar to the following 3 Psychologists near Lutherville Timonium, MD.