Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara A Coulter-Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Adolescent Medicine
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Always have to see PA instead of Dr Coulter smith. Once I had to wait 3 hrs after scheduled appt and wasn't told until I got there that she want even there, she was at hospital and had been for hours. They could h e called and let me reschedule instead of making me take off work and waste my time waiting. Then another time I had to see PA because dr was out of office but nobody told me she was on vacation that week until after I got there. PA is so incompetent, couldn't even stick me to take blood and tried 4 times! Then a phlebotomist that went to school for maybe 3 mos had to be called in after the PA tortured me. Then the PA told me she had no idea why I was passing blood clots the size of beef Liver and no idea how to treat or stabilize me. That I should go to ER if I was worried! Then another time I was supposed to get an injection of medication that keeps me from going no to labor and they didn't tell me until after I took off work and sat there waiting that not only was dr coulter smith not available and I'd have to see the PA, they didn't have my medication available and it would be there tomorrow! Why waste my time? I'm looking for a new dr and might deliver baby in bathtub myself if I have to... So disgusted and irritated with this ob practice!!!
First, let me start by saying that I actually like Dr. Coulter Smith, it's her staff, one in particular, that I have a major problem with. Dr. Coulter-Smith delivered two of my babies and for that I am thankful. On my third pregnancy, I went in for a standard ultrasound around 8 weeks (I'm high risk) and the ultrasound technician said very nonchalantly "there's no heartbeat" and "why are you hear again?" as this was my 2nd ultrasound. She then sent me back to the waiting room, full of other mothers and children, to wait for the doctor. Nice way of treating someone that had apparently just miscarried. I left the practice immediately after that and it's taken me some time to actually get the nerve to post this. Many of the nurses there are rushed and too busy to give a darn as well. But this ultrasound technician will never ever be forgotten for the manner in which she treated me. Disgusting.
Dr. Coulter-Smith is the perfect combination of knowledgeable and kind that is so rare in a physician. Her nurses and techs are also wonderful. I wouldn't want anyone else to deliver my three girls! The only negative is that the office wait times are often very long. I know this is common in obstetrics, but the fact that she does not see patients on Fridays and that her wait times are often long can be frustrating, particularly if you are having a difficult pregnancy.
29 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1989
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Dr. Barbara A Coulter-Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barbara A Coulter-Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grapevine, TX.