Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara J Foner
Dr. Barbara J Foner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in O Fallon, MO, with another office in Maryville, IL. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Foner is affiliated with Progress West HealthCare Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara J Foner has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Barbara J Foner has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Barbara J Foner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
After we waited for 45 minutes, Dr. Foner didn't even know why I was there. She couldn't keep facts straight even with the written records in front of her. Then, she answered her cell phone TWICE while in with me. She did seem to understand, finally, my health issue and did a thorough physical. She then ordered tests to check every aspect of causes before proceeding with treatment.
Dr. Foner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Barbara J Foner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barbara J Foner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near O Fallon, MO.