Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara Frieman
Dr. Barbara Frieman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Marlton, NJ, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Frieman is affiliated with The Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Hospital and Virtua Berlin. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara Frieman has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
My husband saw Dr Frieman for a second opinion of a torn rotator cuff. She looked at the MRI and said the radiologist "read it wrong" and the initial diagnosis was wrong. She said he would heal with physical therapy. She was dead wrong! He got worse with therapy and a steroid injection!! Thankfully, Dr Glenn Lipton in Pottstown, the initial surgeon, was kind and gracious enough to do the surgery after we doubted him. He is an excellent surgeon. Better than Rothman Institute surgeons. Just proves you don't have to go to the city to get excellent care.
My visit to this so called 'Doctor' was a waste of time. She refused to see me.. What 'dr' refuses to see a patient? I made my appointment, went to the office, and was denied. FYI, I have insurance and everything, copay was paid. DO NOT SEE THIS UNPROFESSIONAL PERSON!!!!
G.T., We sincerely apologize for your experience with Dr. Frieman and would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
I had a very bad rotator cuff injury in 2009 where I had complete tears of two of the four muscles of the rotator cuff on my right shoulder.Dr. Frieman did the repair and today I am at 100% with the shoulder. I know at least three other people that have had similer injuries, and years later are still not 100%.I have recently torn my rotator cuff in my left shoulder and Dr.Frieman did the repair on that shoulder also. I am still undergoing treatment for my left shoulder as my surgery was on May 1st.I have no doubt in my mind that this shoulder will end up as good as my right shoulder. Dr.Frieman's bedside manner may leave a little to be desired, but if you want a surgeon that is going to do the job right, you can't go wrong with Dr. Frieman.
Dr. Frieman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania
Virtua Health West Jersey
Northeastern Hospital of Philadelphia
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Health System
37 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1980
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Barbara Frieman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara Frieman in this video.
Dr. Barbara Frieman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marlton, NJ.