Dr. Barbara Frieman Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Frieman?

She a great Doctor with a warm heart. She operated on my shoulder. Keep up the good work.

My husband saw Dr Frieman for a second opinion of a torn rotator cuff. She looked at the MRI and said the radiologist "read it wrong" and the initial diagnosis was wrong. She said he would heal with physical therapy. She was dead wrong! He got worse with therapy and a steroid injection!! Thankfully, Dr Glenn Lipton in Pottstown, the initial surgeon, was kind and gracious enough to do the surgery after we doubted him. He is an excellent surgeon. Better than Rothman Institute surgeons. Just proves you don't have to go to the city to get excellent care.

Don't waste your time at this doctor's

My visit to this so called 'Doctor' was a waste of time. She refused to see me.. What 'dr' refuses to see a patient? I made my appointment, went to the office, and was denied. FYI, I have insurance and everything, copay was paid. DO NOT SEE THIS UNPROFESSIONAL PERSON!!!!

Doctor's Response

G.T., We sincerely apologize for your experience with Dr. Frieman and would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Good Orthopedist

Dr. Frieman took her time to listen to my needs and concerns; she worked closely with me and wrote in script to therapist so that I can be healed! Very friendly and thorough.... Her assistant, Julianna, is such a sweet yet caring nurse. She is very professional and friendly.

I had a very bad rotator cuff injury in 2009 where I had complete tears of two of the four muscles of the rotator cuff on my right shoulder.Dr. Frieman did the repair and today I am at 100% with the shoulder. I know at least three other people that have had similer injuries, and years later are still not 100%.I have recently torn my rotator cuff in my left shoulder and Dr.Frieman did the repair on that shoulder also. I am still undergoing treatment for my left shoulder as my surgery was on May 1st.I have no doubt in my mind that this shoulder will end up as good as my right shoulder. Dr.Frieman's bedside manner may leave a little to be desired, but if you want a surgeon that is going to do the job right, you can't go wrong with Dr. Frieman.

Witch Doctor that Works for Insurance Companies

In my experience, Frieman must have been absent the day her class took the oath to "Do no Harm" because Frieman certainly does. Frieman works for the insurance company. Frieman will write up a report or do an exam to the benefit of whoever is signing her paycheck. Frieman hurt me pretty bad during an exam then practically ran out of the room without saying a word. Frieman didn't even say "sorry" or "we are done" just threw a paper down and ran out of the room like a sneaky guilty coward. Frieman then wrote a report that didn't even mention what SHE DID to hurt me, just wrote that I was in pain during the exam but that I was a big fat liar. Frieman probably has really good lawyers to cover her butt. The premiums are probably really expensive from your agressive exam technique. So this is the only remedy a patient has, to warn people to be careful when they are sent to you or FORCED to see you. If your employer or Insurance company sends you to her be prepared for her to call you a liar and a faker. No matter what is wrong with you. So make sure you bring someone with you. You may even want to video the "exam" so Frieman will think twice about being overly agressive or you will have proof at how horrible you are treated. In my opinion Frieman gives Rothman a VERY bad name when most of the doctors are top notch. Frieman is very cold and uncaring about the PATIENT. Its all about the Benjamins for this one. Well guess what, Frieman's report was not considered credible. Frieman would probably say that Stevie Wonder was faking being blind if an insurance company sent him to her. I was in so much pain after the so called "exam" which is just a sham. The report is pretty much written before you even walk in the room. In my opinion, be careful if you MUST be "examined" by Frieman. If you can pick there are much better and caring doctors out there. It was a really rotten experience. AVOID!!!

amazing

she is amazing. I had a horrible broken arm, and elbow, and she fixed it perfectly. I owe her everything

George B

Very competant surgeon. Will spend time with you as needed, but not for hand holding or small talk. Listens well and answers questions. Hopefully will not need her services again, but if I did she would be the one.

Professional, direct, and incredibly competent

Repaired a botched shoulder procedure by another Dr.and gave me the blessed oppurtunity to resume my enjoyment of work and hobbies.Great PA contact.Doesn't spend a lot of time smoozing during visits which some people complain about but that is not her job -time better spent applying her shills. She stands tall in my view and in a male dominated field.

get a second opinion

more concerned about filling her surgery schedule and less concerned about the patient's well being.i am worse off abter the operation, than before the operation due to ill care by this medical staff

Cold but gets the job done

Dr. Frieman is an exceedingly competent orthopaedist at the cutting edge of her field. In a man's world, she has certainly made her mark. However, at the same time, she seems to forget that orthopedics is not simply carpentry and is very brusque during office visits. You may wait a while in the waiting room, but once you're in her office, you are very soon out. Five minutes, and she's out dictating your progress and preparing for her next quickie. She means business! She does a beautiful job with the surgery side of things, but when it comes to making you feel cared for, she leaves something to be desired. I would still recommend her as a surgeon.