Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara A Girz has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Barbara A Girz has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Barbara A Girz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Barbara A Girz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and there was no heartbeat. So they. Add me come back in 2 weeks. I had spotting at 7 weeks went to the E.R. where they preformed another ultrasound but still no heartbeat. This was my first pregnancy and I was hopeful. And while I was at the hospital the doctor assisting me basically told me not to worry. Went to my ultrasound a week later to girtz and she did the ultrasound and told the assistant she was calling my OB did not tell me what was going on so I told her I wanted to know what was going on with my baby then she told my there was no growth or heartbeat so she was calling my OB to discuss if I wanted a natural miscarried or a D&C... (Thanks for keeping me informed) then she let my boyfriend and I be alone and her assistant comes in and goes up to my face and I'm trying not to look at her because I was crying so hard and told me "you knew this would happen.. You had spotting last week. They didn't tell you." HORRIBLE. Now I'm blessed and 10 weeks and 5 days with another baby.
36 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. Barbara A Girz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Clares Hospital Denville Campus, 25 Pocono Rd, Denville, NJ
Dr. Barbara A Girz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denville, NJ.