Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara J Gutshall has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
She was extremely condescending in her manner. I had taken some sedatives, too many, but not life threatening and family took me in to ER. She told me kids will argue, life happens...I need to deal with it. Then she made a comment about no doctor being good enough for me, switching doctors. I had her partner as my PCP until he moved. Since I was pregnant I continued care with another partner of hers against the advice of the nurses at the hospital. My pediatrician told me to fire him shortly after the baby was born as he was medically negligent in her opinion. I found another doctor immediately for my son and he also became my PCP. I was with him for seven years until he too moved. He had put me on a new med and when I went for my followup he was gone so I saw his partner which is also Dr. Gutshall's partner. It had only been a few weeks so he continued my RX. But then I had a suicidal thoughts. I was running 20 minutes late and the nurse said I would have to reschedule for the next week. Well...I had suicidal thoughts again. The only reason I have RX's from her "competition" is because over the years I have saved the bottles so I can have medication at work, in both cars, at home, and at my farm. She assumed I was getting separate perscriptions. She didn't look at the dates. I need to be weaned from the medication, which I am doing because it has a known side effect "suicidal thoughts". Dr. Gutshall showed no compassion, no understanding, and certainly no caring. If I wanted to be told to "just deal with it", my stress and anxiety, I would have called my ex-husband, who doesn't believe in doctors. I have PTSD, Panic Attacks,and generalized anxiety disorder. She was rude. She showed her obvious irritation that I had interrupted whatever she was doing and made it necessary for her to come to the ER in her sweats and tshirt.
- University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Barbara J Gutshall accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barbara J Gutshall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oneill, NE.