Dr. Barbara Gutshall Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Gutshall?

Posted on November 29th, 2012

She was extremely condescending in her manner. I had taken some sedatives, too many, but not life threatening and family took me in to ER. She told me kids will argue, life happens...I need to deal with it. Then she made a comment about no doctor being good enough for me, switching doctors. I had her partner as my PCP until he moved. Since I was pregnant I continued care with another partner of hers against the advice of the nurses at the hospital. My pediatrician told me to fire him shortly after the baby was born as he was medically negligent in her opinion. I found another doctor immediately for my son and he also became my PCP. I was with him for seven years until he too moved. He had put me on a new med and when I went for my followup he was gone so I saw his partner which is also Dr. Gutshall's partner. It had only been a few weeks so he continued my RX. But then I had a suicidal thoughts. I was running 20 minutes late and the nurse said I would have to reschedule for the next week. Well...I had suicidal thoughts again. The only reason I have RX's from her "competition" is because over the years I have saved the bottles so I can have medication at work, in both cars, at home, and at my farm. She assumed I was getting separate perscriptions. She didn't look at the dates. I need to be weaned from the medication, which I am doing because it has a known side effect "suicidal thoughts". Dr. Gutshall showed no compassion, no understanding, and certainly no caring. If I wanted to be told to "just deal with it", my stress and anxiety, I would have called my ex-husband, who doesn't believe in doctors. I have PTSD, Panic Attacks,and generalized anxiety disorder. She was rude. She showed her obvious irritation that I had interrupted whatever she was doing and made it necessary for her to come to the ER in her sweats and tshirt.

Posted on October 11th, 2012

Very good bed side manner. Seems genuinely concerned about me. Diagnoses seemed to be accurate. VERY hard to get an appointment with.

Posted on November 16th, 2015