Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Barbara G Hemenway has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Barbara G Hemenway has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Barbara G Hemenway has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Barbara G Hemenway is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 4
Dr Hemenway has been a very caring and thorough physician. I have been seeing her for 7 years since 2007. She has helped my though some scary health crisis and some mundane, maybe silly health concerns and questions. But she always helps and always fights for me no matter what. She listens, she cares, she thinks things through, she tries new things. She is great and I appreciate all she has done for me all these years.
This lady tried to kill my mother. My mother had been feeling ill for almost 6 months. Dr. H had been treating her for a urinary infection. My sister called me Monday afternoon saying that mom was confused and not making since. She called Dr. H asked her to admit mom to the hospital Dr. H refused, and refused and refused, claiming everything was fine. 12:30 A.M. Tuesday, I get a call from my mother; she forgot what she called for, 1 A.M. I drive her to Emergency. 3 A.M. she is admitted to ICU. 8 P.M. the next evening after an MRI that day showed something in her kidney, emergency surgery was performed, saving my mothers life. Now its just a matter time to kick the infection that is traveling through her entire body. Later the next day I was discussing what happened to some of my mothers friends and it all came out that Dr. H has misdiagnosed others in the past. This Woman is no asset to any practice. Dr. H possible feeling worried about a potential law suit did go to my mother and apologized profusely, 2 days after the fact.
It has now been over one year since I delivered to this family a factual account of the care received leading up to the mother's hospitalization. The above posting reflects what the patient and one daughter remember, not the actual care received. Since the summary was delivered to the family, nothing further was heard from the family regarding inadequate medical care.
Dr Hemenway was my doctor for years until I moved. I am very sad to not have a doctor I know and trust anymore. She is a great doctor and has taken care of all of my family for many yrs. Her office staff is also very friendly and nice. Her NP Lisa, is awesome and I often saw her as well. The other doctor in the practice is quiet but a very nice guy as well. I would definitely recommend Dr Hemenway and the rest of the clinic's medical staff.
Dr. Hemenway is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1975
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. Barbara G Hemenway accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLake Superior Community Health Center, 4325 Grand Ave, Duluth, MN
Dr. Barbara G Hemenway is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Duluth, MN.