Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara Hodne
Dr. Barbara Hodne, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Ankeny, IA. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hodne is affiliated with MERCY HOSPITAL IOWA CITY, IOWA HEALTH DES MOINES LUTHERN HOSPITAL and Broadlawns Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara Hodne has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Hodne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Des Moines, IA
Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, IA
Mercy Franklin Center
Manning Regional Health Care Center, Manning, IA
Manning Regional Healthcare Center
Crawford County Memorial Hospital, Denison, IA
Manning Regional Health Care
Mercy Capitol Medical Center
Crawford Co Memorial Hospital
26 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1991
Des Moines General Hospital
Dr. Barbara Hodne accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichael P Nicholson DO, 1410 SW Tradition Dr, Ankeny, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara Hodne in this video.
Dr. Barbara Hodne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ankeny, IA.