Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Barbara J Newman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Barbara J Newman has the following 12 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
Dr. Barbara J Newman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
Newman delivered my babies.and forced me to go way longer than need be with twins. 38 1/2 weeks. My issue isn't so much that... the staff is horrible. With a scheduled appointment it still takes an hour past appointment time to be seen. My biggest concern is Newman's bedside manner and her inability to respect your own choices for your body. I have severe endometriosis and she insists I take Lupron but it's not something I'm willing to take. After saying no to her and explained that wasn't an option she became angry, impatient and very rude towards me. She said I could find a new doctor and again tried to push the a Lurpon till I finally left. I will NEVER go back and would definitely not recommend her.
I waited 3 wks for an appt and just as I arrived, they canceled me, due to the dr running out to the ER for an OB patient. The best they could offer was 4 days later with a nurse practitioner. Sorry, Charlie, I just left work early, which means I had to work late yesterday, and I have a medical issue that needs to be addressed NOW. No backup coverage? You're working in the Dark Ages. I called another dr, who will see me TOMORROW. How's that for service, honeybuns?
unfortunately i had to find a new ob due to my gyno not delivering babies anymore and i wish i had read the reviews on Dr. Newman before i chose her. several times she had come into the room and started discussing another patients chart with me and i would be frightened because the other patients case would be more severe than mine! She also had taken me off pelvic rest at one point and then 2 months later tells me i can go off bed rest when she had already had taken me off the 2 months prior! she def doesn't have it together and is sloppy in the office! I really hope her strong point is in the delivery room because i'm to far along in my pregnancy to change Dr's.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Newman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Erie
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Barbara J Newman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSunrise Womens Healthcare, 4540 E Baseline Rd Ste 114, Mesa, AZ
Dr. Barbara J Newman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.