Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara Jahnke
Dr. Barbara Jahnke, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saginaw, MI. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology. Dr. Jahnke is affiliated with Saint Mary's of Michigan Medical Center, St. Joseph Health System-Tawas and Hills & Dales General Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara Jahnke has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Brain Injuries
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Showing 5 of 18
I am a 40 year old. Mother of two. I work in the education field. I have been diagnosed with trigeminalneurelgia for 9 years now. I went misdiagnosed for about 7 years.this disease is a crippling, intense pain that truly when not under control makes u wish to not be here among the living. I had been sent from one specialist to another before getting a correct diagnosis. I was told i needed sinus surgery. Possible brain tumor, my teeth were bad ( in which they pulled all the teeth out of my left side. Not needing to.) Finally while having a " attack" grocery shopping my husband took me to st. Marys emergency room. Their the doctor on call did a scan and it indicated inflammation of the 5th cranial nerve. He referred me to dr. Barbara Jahnke. I to this day believe she is my guardian angel. She also tan tests and confirmed the diagnosis. From that day on dr. Jahnke and i have worked as a team to keep this monster under control. She has even sent me to the cleavland clinic for nerve blocks to get the inflammation under control. Dr. Jahnke still controls my meds to this day. In the beginning especially, she would even call me at home to check on me. She is the most caring , noligable dr. I have ever met. I wouldhonestly trust her with my llife and have, or i wouldn't be here to be a mother and educator. She is now not just my Dr. She is my friend! Thank you barb!
Dr. Jahnke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Mary's of Michigan Medical Center
St. Joseph Health System-Tawas
Hills & Dales General Hospital
St. Mary's of Michigan Standish Hospital
Covenant Medical Center Cooper
Covenant Medical Center Harrison
St Marys of Michigan
28 Years Experience
Michigan State University
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Barbara Jahnke accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions4700 McLeod Dr E, Saginaw, MI
Dr. Barbara Jahnke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saginaw, MI.