Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara E Johnston has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Don't get me wrong. Dr. Johnston is an EXCELLENT DOCTOR! She's like a walking and talking medical encyclopedia. On the other hand, her support staff in the front desk ARE JUST RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND UNFRIENDLY. If I were Dr. Johnston, I would recommend replacing all of them. Those individuals treat you like 3rd class citizens. What someone could do in less than 5 minutes takes them more than an hour. They sit there and chat about their personal life, gossip and say nasty things about patients, walk back and forth grabbing drinks, watching television, and refuses to help. Patients are NOT...I REPEAT...NOT...allowed to schedule their own appointments based on their schedule. It's either you take what they give you or shut up. If you ask 2 of the ladies on the corner to accommodate your schedule, they roll their eyes and tell you to wait. After 30 minutes, you're still waiting. Nearly an hour goes by, they call your name and hand you the appointment paper without acknowledging you. The medical assistants are the same... RUDE. They treat you like GARBAGE. they are very loud and love to gossip about patients. They are not ashamed at all. There's patients waiting in the waiting area. You can just hear every nasty gossip. I decided to change to a different office and doctor because I couldn't stand her staff. It's just very unfortunate!!!
35 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Barbara E Johnston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMount Sinai, 275 7th Ave Fl 12, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara E Johnston in this video.
Dr. Barbara E Johnston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.