Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara L Light has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
This is not only because of her (she seems to be always in a rush, starts to talk and talk and talk, she is nice and polite but not enough), but because also her nurse is not friendly (black, young woman who seems to be angry and bitter at all times, NOT MERCIFUL AT ALL WITH MY BABY, she does not even talk to him). Also, One of the doctors of the association whom l spoke last Friday night (my baby was in ER due to a fever of almost 104) and told me not to call them unless my baby had 105 degrees of fever!!!!!!! My baby has been sick since more than a week ago and finally they accepted to give me an appointment. Long story, l called yesterday with Header at the administration to complain about everything, so if they read my review, they know who l am.
I would not recommend this office to parents. They claim to have hours Mon-Sun so that your child can be seen if sick...however, I called for 2 hours on Sat morning before I finally got through and then they refused to see my children because they claimed the situation was not emergent. My one 9 month old child was congested, not sleeping, consistent cough, AND had what looked to be like some kind of tremor that took place twice when I tried to put him down for bed; in addition my other child had pretty bad diarrhea, throwing up, fever, and said his throat felt like it was on fire...I explained that I wanted them seen because we were leaving the state on Tues for vacation and they told me to call on Mon because they would not see my children that day....
21 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Thomas Jefferson University
Dr. Barbara L Light accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPEDIATRIC Associates, 4735 Ogletown Stanton Rd Ste 1116, Newark, DE
Dr. Barbara L Light is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.