Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara K Lipton has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Barbara K Lipton has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Barbara K Lipton has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
My husband, presently is seriously ill,, he has maybe a few months to live and if a miracle can come from an oncologist at Sloane Kettering he could see more time. He was Dr. Lipton's patient for Over 8 years. I called asking her to file an Out of Network Form for him for a specialist at Sloane Kettering hospital. She claimed she saw him years ago, saying it was around the time of a trip, the trip was 9 months ago not years. The insurance company told me she could have filed the form as she was his PCP dr.. Cruel act of a dr. Not to help. Her coldness and never saying tell him good luck, any kind word for someone you cared for for many years.was so cold. Her arrogance in continually saying I am now a specialist as of April. was interesting as he was never notified of that and that she now doesn't take his insurance, or has relocated. She claimed she was not up to date on his illness, I offered to bring over the records. She did not want to give it the time needed is what came across. If she had asked me to pay for her time to do it, I would have paid her. She just kept saying call his oncologist or find another PCP dr. My husband was shocked at her response, he could not believe after knowing her as his dr. For so long how she just cut me off. Dr. Lipton, why not notify patients of change of status, insurance issues, address change? Good always comes from something, bad I guess Karma. The forms are files and approved, without your help and arrogant way of speaking.. When I told the insurance company how she handled it they were so shocked they took action to help. See Dr. lipton's bad made good happen.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1981
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
Dr. Barbara K Lipton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara K Lipton in this video.
Dr. Barbara K Lipton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.