Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara M Mccorvey
Dr. Barbara M Mccorvey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in Fort Stockton, TX. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Mccorvey is affiliated with University Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Barbara M Mccorvey has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Barbara M Mccorvey has the following 5 expertise
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
Dr. Barbara M Mccorvey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barbara M Mccorvey - Posted on March 11th, 2009
I am a 55 year old breast cancer survivor. As such, I rely on the mammograms, etc., that I must have every 3 months or so as an indicator as to whether the cancer remains in remission or recurs. I have seen my fair share of doctors, diagnosticians, radiologists, and other health care professionals, and I must say that Dr. McCorvey is the by far the epitome of those doctors from whom a patient wants to distance himself or herself. She is the most negative physician I have ever encountered, has no compassion, no "bedside manner," and is impressed with her own authority. I sincerely believe she took great enjoyment, albeit silent, in scaring me to death through words, gestures, and behavior. I recommend avoiding Dr. McCorvey at all costs. I realize this is merely one opinion, but I felt strongly enough to express mine in hopes that others would benefit from my experience.
Dr. Mccorvey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1997
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barbara M Mccorvey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.