Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara J Messinger-Rapport
Dr. Barbara J Messinger-Rapport, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Messinger-Rapport is affiliated with St Lukes Hospital, Flower Hospital and University Hospital Geauga Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara J Messinger-Rapport has the following 3 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I found her to be condescending, cagy. I suspect it had something to do with my expressing my dissatisfaction with some of the care my mother received from other physician. I also felt that she was being judgmental. My mother had a tragic and trauma filled life, and we her children have shared and have been profoundly impacted. The fact we are still in the game of life is amazing. I felt that she lacked a certain level of empathy. I sacrificed a lot to find the correct diagnosis, and to save my mother. The truth is that three health care systems failed my mother on some level. I felt that she is a very intelligent and capable physician. However, there is more to being a good physician than being just book smart.
Dr. Messinger-Rapport is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Barbara J Messinger-Rapport accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Barbara J Messinger-Rapport is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.