Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara Minkowitz
Dr. Barbara Minkowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Morristown, NJ, with another office in Rockaway, NJ. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Minkowitz is affiliated with Overlook Medical Center. Dr. Minkowitz has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara Minkowitz has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sports Medicine
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Herniated Disc
- Lyme Disease
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Orthopedic Procedures
- Joint Pain/Swelling
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Dr. Minkowitz sounds like she knows what she is talking about, and tried to be reassuring. But, she is not a good surgeon. She set my daughter's elbow completely wrong, and put pins in that weren't even holding the bone. I had to see another surgeon to fix everything, and my daughter still has stiffness in her elbow. Never again.
We were extremely fortunate to have Dr. Minkowitz treat our 6 yr old son's fractured elbow. She was caring, comforting, and professional in explaining the extent of his injury and the necessary surgical procedure. She was able to set his elbow in place anatomically perfect, which was a great relief to hear. During our follow-up visits, she patiently and thoroughly answered the numerous questions my husband and I had. She also checked our son's Vitamin D level and prescribed supplements that were crucial in promoting optimal healing and recovery. We could not have asked for a more outstanding pediatric orthopedic surgeon and would highly recommend her to anyone in need.
My child broke her ankle and a friend recommended Doctor Minkowits. So i gave a call and within a couple of minutes my appointment was set up. My daughter was treated with the proper care necessary and is healing fully to recovery. I would highly recommend Doctor Minkowit she is wonderful at her job.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Minkowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Barbara Minkowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barbara Minkowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.