Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara H Nylander has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Breast Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 66
I have been a patient of Dr. Nylander for many years. She is an excellent gynecologist with just the right amount of reaction. She addresses issues logically and proactively. She is SO personable and spends a good amount of time with her patients. My suggestion would be for her team to better allocate for that in scheduling as the appointments rarely start on time. I highly recommend her. I have high trust in her skills and judgment as my doctor.
Having Dr. Nylander for my gyn doc has been a very positive experience. Besides being a competent and thorough physician, she is also a delightful person. I felt an immediate personal connection with her from my first visit. Her staff is excellent as well and I always feel they are doing their utmost to provide great customer service.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2016, 2012, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2012, 2015, 2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Barbara H Nylander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSaint Thomas Health, 345 23rd Ave N Ste 209, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara H Nylander in this video.
Dr. Barbara H Nylander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.