Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara R Edwards
Dr. Barbara R Edwards, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plainsboro, NJ, with another office in Princeton, NJ. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Edwards is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. Dr. Edwards has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Barbara R Edwards has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Barbara R Edwards has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Barbara R Edwards has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Edwards is a compassionate, empathetic person who works with me to manage my health issues. She is also good at figuring out the problem! She figured out I had Lyme's disease very early when the target shaped rash was not very obvious. Because of her, I treated the Lymes disease and had no symptoms at all. Although, fortunately, I have never had a serious medical problem, I feel confident that Dr. Edwards would be able to continue to give me excellent medical care if something more serious occured.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Edwards is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Barbara R Edwards accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barbara R Edwards is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plainsboro, NJ.