Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barbara B Rayo MD
Dr. Barbara B Rayo has 2 locations
Dr. Barbara B Rayo has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Barbara B Rayo has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Barbara B Rayo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barbara B Rayo - Posted on March 6th, 2013
Dr Rayo needs to retire. I waited over an hour and at one point thought maybe we had been forgotten. My child has been very sick and she barely performed an examination. Very red sore throat, no strep test done. She basically said, you'll just have to get over it, despite the fact that the entire family has been on antibiotics for the same illness. Now I have to reschedule with another doctor, miss more work and school to try and get my child treated. She is terrible. I would not take a stray dog to her. Must be why it was so easy to get an appointment.
She is like a Mommy
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barbara B Rayo - Posted on March 16th, 2009
Dr. Barabara Rayo has been my sons' pediatrician since they were infants. Under Dr. Barbara Rayo's care they are now two healthy 8 and 10 year old boys. She is patient, understanding and extremely thurough. She offers newspaper cut outs regarding recalls, and informative health articles. Dr. Rayo goes the extra mile and cares as if she was your real Mother! She also makes you take notes and insures you were paying attention like a "real Mom". Thank Goodness for Doctors like her.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
36 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Barbara B Rayo Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Barbara B Rayo
Barbara (Bobbi Jo) B. Rayo, M.D., F.A.A.P. - Received her education at The Ohio State University. She completed her internship and residency at Columbus Children's Hospital where she also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Rayo is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at The Ohio State University. Dr. Rayo is board certified in Pediatrics and is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Rayo received a Lifetime Achievement award in 2008 from The Ohio State University. The award is given to physicians who have dedicated their professional lives and services to educating medical students.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara B Rayo, MD - Pediatrics in Hilliard, OH, in this video.
Dr. Barbara B Rayo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hilliard, OH.