Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara L Rowland has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Barbara L Rowland has the following 17 expertise
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Weight Loss
- Birth Control
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Urinary Incontinence
Dr. Barbara L Rowland has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Barbara L Rowland is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
My appointment with Dr. Rowland had been set for weeks and initially I was very excited to be seeing a female OB at this facility; however, this appointment and my experience with Dr. Rowland had not gone as great as I had hoped. First of all, the doctor didn't see me until an hour and fifteen minutes past my scheduled appointment time. When I was finally brought back, no one ever acknowledged or apologized for the lateness nor was I thanked for my patience. The nurse was unfriendly and never smiled or asked how I was. Secondly, I'm midway through my pregnancy and concerned about my weight gain as I have been tracking my own progress. Dr. Rowland brought nothing up to me about my weight but when I brought it up being concerned, the first thing she said was that I did not need to gain anymore weight throughout the remaining duration of my pregnancy, with 15 weeks ago. She also said this to me in such a condescending tone. How completely unrealistic to give out such a judgment to a patient!! I do not eat horribly and I do my best to get in a lot of walking as excercise and now I'm either supposed to lose weight or the baby not get any larger than he is now, 2lbs.?! I did not feel as if this Dr. was genuine. She tried to act that way but she didn't pull it off. If this would have been my first experience with a doctor at RH GYN/OB, I do not think I would have continued my appointments there. Very disappointed and discouraging.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
21 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 1997
Medical University Of South Carolina
Dr. Barbara L Rowland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRock Hill Gyn And Ob Associates Pa, 1721 Ebenezer Rd Ste 145, Rock Hill, SC
Dr. Barbara L Rowland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rock Hill, SC.