Dr. Barbara Schwartz Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Schwartz?

Demeaning

Posted on December 8th, 2017

I have seen Dr. Schwartz approximately 3 times. I was very pleased with the first two visits. I recently went to see her for an annual physical exam. During the examination she opened my gown to examine me and she seemed to leave it open for an unusually long period of time without examining anything. She then opened the door to exit for a minute without covering me. A nurse was in the room and she immediately came over to cover me (we exchanged comments about how strange that was). At one point she asked me how I was feeling health-wise and I told her that I felt good. It seemed as though she resented my being there because i wasn't sick. I realize that doctors care for sick people but I went for a physical exam. You don't have to be sick to have that. I got a pap smear and when she was done with that she stuck her finger in my anus. I've never had that done before during a physical. It was a though her parting action was "now take that." It was extremely demeaning. If that was her intent, she was successful. I will be looking for another doctor.

Posted on March 24th, 2016

Great diagnostician. Excellent bedside manner.

Only doctor I'll see

Posted on November 9th, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Schwartz for many years- wouldn't consider seeing anyone else. She spends the time a patient needs and answers all questions. Her explanations are easily understood. Her staff is a pleasure to speak with.

Medicare Freeloader

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

I've taken my parent to see Dr. Schwartz for several years now and it's always a fiasco. We wait over 2 1/2-3 hours in the waiting room for our scheduled appointment; she spends 5-10 minutes max with my parent and does NOTHING. I HAD TO ASK FOR LAB WORK!! "Oh yea. Let's do some lab work!" She sent my parent to the hospital and let her sit the usual medicare number of days for no reason and even said we weren't discharged because she was waiting for test results that would have had ZERO bearing on her condition. The tests I specifically requested which she agreed to order were not ordered - the discharge papers she promised to leave were not done - the prescriptions she promised to call in were not called in. Oh! But she was prompt to send Medicare a bill for her 1 minute hospital visits for all 4 days. The hospital staff clearly does not like her AT ALL. (Don't believe me? just make a comment to any of the floor nurses and watch their reaction!) I've seen lots of physicians throughout my days and do not trust any of my loved ones with this physician so we are done!

Posted on April 19th, 2015

After going to Dr Schwarts for awhile... I found that I did not like her as a physician... Period.

Posted on July 17th, 2014

Dr. Schwartz is the kind of doctor you always wish to have: caring and determined to find a solution to your problem. My adult daughter has been to 6 gastroenterologists who could not diagnose her problems. Dr. Schwartz ordered TONS of tests and, right off the bat, found a very serious problem. My daughter was immediately referred to specialists and Dr. Schwartz stays in the loop to make sure nothing is missed. She is amazing and I thank God for her!!!

Unprofessional doctor and staff,

Posted on February 15th, 2014

Worst Dr experience ever

Posted on September 23rd, 2013

I had an annual visit with Dr Schwartz which included a pap smear and blood work. When I scheduled a follow up visit 4 months later I was told by the scheduler that she is sorry but they were supposed to have told me that I had an abnormal pap smear and that I need to make an appointment with an OB/gyn right away. And that I also have high cholesterol. So I went to my OB/gyn who removed a polyp that fortunately hadn't turned cancerous yet and I have surgery scheduled to scrape the lining of my uterus to hopefully prevent future polyps. What makes this even worse is when I went to Dr Schwartz's office the following week to talk about my high risk lab results and about my abnormal pap smear, she just shrugged it off like it was no big deal. Even though my lab results I'm holding in my hand shows my numbers in red and under the high risk column she says my numbers are just fine. She wouldn't give me any recommendation on diet change or anything. And just a big shoulder shrug when I asked why I wasn't informed about my abnormal pap smear. Not only wasn't there an apology, there was no admitting that they did anything wrong, and in fact pretty much flat out lying about my lab results with regards to the high cholesterol. Dr Schwartz is irresponsible and uncaring.

Posted on July 11th, 2013

I love this doctor, She always makes you feel like what you have to say is important, she listens to you, has a great bedside manner always makes refers for you if you need a Specialist. I never feel rushed her office staff always tries to help me out even if it's just a phone call. She's been a blessing to my life! She has diagnosed me when others couldn't can't say enough good things about her I'm lucky I found her 15+ years ago. Don't plan on ever-changing My doctor.

Saved my life

Posted on June 19th, 2013

She has been my primary care DR for several years. Because of her insistence and sense of urgency, I saw a cardiologist about my symptoms which turned out to be a nearly 100% artery blockage. She pays attention to detail and spots inconsistencies in tests and exams year to year.

If I could find another doctor, I'd change.

Posted on April 9th, 2013

I feel the doctor is a caring, capable person, but the office staff is and always has been (in my many years of going there) right next door to inept. I also have gotten the impression that it is more important what she can get the insurance to pay for than whatever they can. I also think she recommends recurring treatments (like in-office B-12 shots) that are unnecessary. My latest bill included tests that were NOT done and my insurance record for the same visit reflected exactly the same thing. I have tried to switch to others, but it is very difficult to get in to see someone as a new patient and I assume that this is why Dr. Schwartz's practice is so busy. I like her as a person, but I think there is something off-kilter about the office and the practice.

Dr. Schwartz is a fantastic person and doctor

Posted on July 7th, 2012

Dr.B. Schwartz is very caring and extremely good at her profession. She takes time with you; and if she can't help you you will get a referral to a competent doctor that will help you. The time Doc gives to one patient; you can besure the next patient will get the very same courtesy. She is great. I give her a 10plus.