Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara E Shortle has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Barbara E Shortle has the following 12 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
Dr. Barbara E Shortle is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I put up with waiting in the waiting room for an hour for many years. Then once, Dr Shortle prescribed a two-part diagnostic procedure I need to find out about some abdominal pains. Her assistant gave me a couple of forms for different labs around the city, but it turned out that none of them took my insurance. So I had to call back and have them fill out another form and fax it to a lab that DID take my insurance. I took the test (takes a few hours) and made a follow up appt with Shortle. Sat in the waiting room for 2 hours. The doctor looks over my charts and says, oh. They forgot to do one of the tests. You need to do everything all over again. I was furious because this test can only be done during a specific 5 days of the month. She offered no apology, just saying, "you should be careful, my office workers don't know what they're doing." i wanted to be like, You shouldnt be letting your assistants fill out forms prescribing medical procedures!!!After finding a FANTASTIC new doctor, I called Shortle's office and asked for my records to be faxed to him. I was told I had to fax them a letter consenting to have my records released. He never received them. THREE weeks later I get a letter in the MAIL stating that it is 50cents/page for any photocopying of records, so I owed them something like $23. I was furious. Never responded.
40 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Barbara E Shortle accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMoehlen Medical Group, 128 E 75th St, New York, NY
Dr. Barbara E Shortle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.