Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara Smith-Nash has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 4 of 4
The reason she is so hard to get an appointment with is because she is a very dedicated and caring doctor. You will have to wait to see her because she takes the time personally with each and every patient. You are not just a number but a person in which she really cares about and tries to get to know you personally. She has delivered 3 of my children and has helped me through an extremely hard time in my life and still continues to do so. In my book she deserves 10 stars. Just my opinion from personal experience. She is worth the wait.
Dr. Smith-Nash is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UC Davis Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University of California at Davis
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Barbara Smith-Nash accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions8110 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara Smith-Nash in this video.
Dr. Barbara Smith-Nash is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elk Grove, CA.